Pages

Sep 12, 2010

my first attempt at aquathlon

its been a long time since my last post but im back. im super duper excited to record may first attempt at aquathlon. ive started swimming a month ago. im this old and it was at this time of my life i learnt to swim. well, better late that never right. Im still set at doing an aquathlon, sometime hopefully sooner but most probably later of my life. i know its a suntok sa buwan. what the heck, everything is possible. who would have known that id join an aquathlon.

it started with my former housemate and kataglay when he invited me to this fun run/swiom activity. he assured me that not all of the participants are great swimmers. some have basic knowledge but we thought i could catch up. besides, para sa n pa itong swimming lessons ko right? so i gave in, i joined. at least ill have that motivation to keep swimming. kahit mukha na akong nog nog.

so we woke up 2am since we are coming from cavite, marshalls need to be in the event 4am. oops! have i told you that i did not have training on my running. i did mostly swimming kasi sa tutuusin, i still dont have the perfect form yet.
so briefing started for the marshalls. i, on the other hand, had butterflies on my stomach. i was so scared even days before the end. good thing i had new found friends who assured me that they'' watch out for ne in case, you know. i had mixed emotions for this event, kaba for this is my first attempt at aquathlon. Ni sa bucket list ko wala ito, second, sana walang pulikat and third, ang wag mapahiya.

contest proper: at gun start, napagiwanan na ako agad. i was at the last pack of racers. i just went smoothly, i knew i had no practice so theres no point to stressed out myself. first, 2.5k, i am glad friends namin ang mga marshalls, they kept on cheering as on! seeing them smiling ang taking my pictures, i had no choice but to smile and keep going on.

swim: upon stepping on the transition area, i saw some people walking while on water. that gave me an added boost of confidence. so i swam, walked, swam, run on water. halo halo na. matapos ko lang. all of those captured on picture kaya mejo kahiya. but what the heck, tuloy lang. eve went ahead of me sa swimming but i got ahead of her sa run. i told myslef to save my energy na lang sa swimming then bawi sa takbo.

2nd run: all participants got disoriented at one point. everybody wanting to go to the finish lines.

overall, it was a tiring but fun activity. i got the chance to be with friends who are ever supportive and passionate as i am. also, i got the chance to enjoy this activity with my family although they were not with me physically.

i thank God for always being with me. ang lakas ko talaga kay papa God! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik