Pages

Aug 12, 2009

My "Frenemy"


The term frenemy is used to describe two or more people whoa re apparently friends but are also enemies. Like we’ve said, Keep your friends closer but keep your friends closer.I first encountered this word in one of the episodes of Sex and the City. Also, on the new radical song “you get what you give”. I think I found my frenemy and that’s brutus! My definition of frenemy is him! It’s funny coz brutus is my christmas gift to apol. He was wishing for a dog whose face was sort of kulukulubot! Timing, our house pet, kelly gave birth to new adorable puppies. We waited for a while for the puppies to grow. Sakto, they were big enough to be separated from their mother. As I as choosing among the pups, some were already reserved for my mom and my uncles. And then, there he was, ears up! I chose him based on his color and size. I picked the biggest among the puppies. Sigurado, mabubuhay tong asong to. His color is plain brown too. Just brown all over. Since I’ll be bringing him to cavite, we packed him in a shoe box. He was just small at that time so kasya pa sa small box. Upon reaching the bus terminal, nagpoopoo agad si brownie (he did still did not have a name at that time). My father cleaned up the box. Eww! Kadirs! He was not allowed to stay with the passengers so he was in the baggage compartment. There was a chicken on board too, so brutus wont be alone. Pagdating sa cavite, punong puno ba naman ng vomit ng box niya. Well, ikaw ba naman sumakay ng from Baguio to Cavite, hindi ka ba mahihilo nun? Sinabi din ng mama ko, pagdating daw sa house, sigawan ko daw si brutus. This will make Brutus matapang at maingay daw. Afterall, we also need someone to look after us in the house. Uso pa nuon ang mga nakawan sa bahay so a dog is really a big help. Brutus is with us for almost 9 mos now. So far, we have a love-hate relationship. Hate because, he chewed my one and only havaianas sandals that’s with me for 5 years. It was a pasalubong from my mom from hawaii when they had a stopover there. I was shocked and cried a lot when I found out about my fave flipflops. So bumili ako ng new pair, this time a purple ipanema, but this one was not spared to. He chewed the straps too. Buti na lng pwede pang remedyuhan kaya nagagamit ko pa until now. The alice crocs was also not spared, wala na ring strap. Sira pati main door namin. Hay and all other things. Si brutus ang naging malaking anay sa bahay namin ngayon.. despite that, love pa rin namin si brutus. Ang pagkain namin ay pagkain rin niya… We also buy from the canteen rice plus may ulam pa! Buti na lng mababait mga lunch buddies ko kaya nakakapag-uwi pa ko ng mga tira tira…

oopppss... i hear brutus again! greeting everyone who passes by with his WOOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik